Travel Diaries: The Prologue

Surrounded by the most amazing, picturesque views,
Of mountains, meadows, lakes and mews,
I travel through winding tunnels and valleys,
With the occasional towns, hamlets and alleys
With bags many, loaded to the brim,
The heaviest load I carry that makes me grim
Is this aching hollow in the chest
From the heart I left behind with you, my dearest!

With fast trains, swift cars and expressways so swell
With likes of IKEA, Volvo and Shell
They call this place plush
But what do they know of wealth
Who’ve never seen you blush!

In a place that hadn’t fought a war in millennia
Where people seldom experience paranoia
Within me rages an Iliad
And this journey shall turn into an Odyssey!  

-ManChan
Stockholm, Sweden





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are the roles we play

Exploring the Joy of Fountain Pens: My Beginner Collection

Adiós, señoritas