IIMK- Thank God It’s Friday, and it’s over.

a. Last day of classes
No nostalgia, no senti feelings. Coz I remember the last time I felt bad for end of classes, it didn't turn out so well. Less than a year later, I was back in classrooms.
Anyone for whom this was a ‘return’ to college would agree to this being just another phase, just a passing cloud.
b. I would not miss my friends
I made just a handful of friends here. (plenty of acquaintances, though) And there's no way I’m going to miss them. These people are going to hear from me, soon and often.
What good are friends if you stay out of touch long enough to start missing?!
c. I’m glad it’s over
To me this has been 21 months of rushed up everything. Sitting groggy eyed in the classrooms, some real boring lectures, pretty bad food, and a few crappy people too- it was an effort in itself to keep sane.
Given a chance, I’d want to sit through a select few of classes with some very good professors and learn some worthwhile stuff and hang out with some real good people- not because I have to but because I want to.
d. Experiments have just begun
When I came here, I made one conscious choice- just one- that I’d experiment with everything under the sun that came my way. And I did. The list is long and I’d rather keep it to myself. Some have been astounding successes to marvel at and most have been abject, miserable failures.
I’m not going to trust anyone who says failures are lessons (or any such crap), coz they haven’t seen real failure. Failures SUCK. And unless you are strong enough to rise up after the fall, you better stay away and survive.
e. I lost myself
In all the chaos here, I have transformed. So much so that I am not the same person that walked in here 20 months ago. Is that good? Not entirely. Is it bad? Not exactly.
From what my friends say (in the testimonials), I figured that I’ve retained some core of my former self. But for me, it has been like living through a typhoon. Oh well, I’m glad I survived.
f. There are better things to look forward to
Hey, I got what I came here for. What I wanted. (Most of ‘em, at least). That’s a good enough reason to celebrate the end and look forward to the new beginning.
After all, I’m not old enough to fill even a quarter of my biography yet. If this remains the best part of my life- I’m sure it’s not a life I’m ‘living’.


PS. To all the people flooding my fb wall with ‘last XYZ’ messages- it’s not the last of anything. The world is round, the end is only the beginning…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are the roles we play

Exploring the Joy of Fountain Pens: My Beginner Collection

Adiós, señoritas