Adiós, señoritas

They are leaving.
And I doubt if I would see them ever again. Strange is this knot in the heart and the gut.


And despite the intensity of feelings and thoughts that would rage inside me, I was hopelessly tongue-tied when in their company. Hell, I couldn't even muster enough courage to say anything beyond a feeble ‘Hi’. 


To think that just a year ago, I was unaware of their existence-any of them- happily lost in the quandary of life, like a kid playing in a sandbox. Yet, here I am, writing this piece while I should be sitting by them, pouring my heart out.


There are a million things I so want to tell them. Right Now. I even tried going to them. But then I couldn't go even within a few yards of them. I do know that this is my last chance- what I don’t say now will stay buried inside me forever.


Perhaps, life had handed me lemons quite a few times before, and the sour taste of those lemonades still lingers inside me. Perhaps, I’m just not brave enough- a coward. Perhaps…

Despite everything, they are happy NOT knowing what I had to say. I am not extremely overjoyed but I can survive with a few dark corners in my own mind; and as they say, “What you (they) don’t know doesn't hurt you (them)”.

True happiness lies in knowing that the people you care about are happy. And ain't man always in pursuit of happiness?

Some day when the moment comes, I wish to say what I have to say; to the one person I intend to say. Till then,

For all the things left unsaid,

To all the people that really mattered…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are the roles we play

Exploring the Joy of Fountain Pens: My Beginner Collection