Reading List - 2020

 This was the year we were all stuck at home, in a pandemic-induced lockdown. While the initial few months were chaotic, I quickly fell into a rhythm in what was then termed as 'the new normal' (sic). 

This was also the year I finally gave in and got an audible subscription. Charges about INR 199 per month, offers one free title each month. Great deal, if you ask me. So, while I had been long struggling about getting around to sit down and grab a copy of books, with audiobooks, I can listen while doing other mundane stuff such as, say, taking a walk, or cleaning the car or doing meal prep. 

And thus began my exploration of newer genres and non-fiction titles. For the year 2020, here's the list of titles I read/ listened to:

  1. Ikigai – Hector Garcia Puigcerver

  2. Inglorious empire – Shashi Tharoor

  3. The Hard Thing About Hard Things – Ben Horowitz

  4. How the Mighty Fall – Jim Collins

  5. Blink – Malcolm Gladwell

  6. Death on the Nile – Poirot – Agatha Christie

  7. The Tales of Beedle, the Bard – J K Rowling

  8. Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams

  9. The Girl on the Train – Paula Hawkins



In all these lists, I have written down the non-fiction titles first, followed by the fiction titles. However, I found it easier - and far more sustainable- to read fiction alongside a non-fiction read. Helps me switch over from one to the other and stay on track.

 
Ad Astra, Ad Infinitum!
Manish
04-Jan-2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are the roles we play

Exploring the Joy of Fountain Pens: My Beginner Collection

Adiós, señoritas