Exploring the Joy of Fountain Pens: My Beginner Collection

Last year, I fell into this rabbit hole of fountain pens, quite serendipitously. At about the same time, I had changed jobs and found myself between a rock and a hard place. A lot of things transpired between then and now and while my fountain pens and journal kept me company along with cute cats on Instagram, I couldn't find the time or the space in my mind to share my experiences on the interwebs. 

But lately, I realized that I was stressing myself out over things I can't control. And while I fixed a few, there have always been new and very demanding challenges popping up. So, what the hell! Here goes nothing. 

 Join me as I introduce you to my cherished beginner fountain pen collection, showcasing a range of exceptional writing instruments. Among the many choices available, the Pilot Metropolitan was my very excellent entry point. Its combination of sleek design, reliable performance, and affordability makes it a perfect choice for those new to the world of fountain pens. Since the day I laid my hands on that one over 2 years ago, I have gathered a fairly remarkable assortment of fountain pens that not only serve as practical tools but also as objects of personal expression. Here's the list- 

  1. Pilot Metropolitan
  2. Lamy Safari
  3. Jinhao X750
  4. Kaweco Sport (several)
  5. Kaweco Supra Brass
  6. Kaweco Al-Sport
  7. Lamy Studio
  8. TWSBI Diamond 580 ALR
  9. TWSBI Vac 700 R
  10. Platinum Plaisir
  11. Moonman M2

Each of the pens in this growing list is unique and has its own merits and shortcomings, and it would be unjust to capture the nuances in a single statement. Perhaps I'll write more about each of these in more posts to come. 

And while I go take out a fresh new Diamond 580 ALR to ink up for the weekend, hope y'all have a good day. 

-Mach
Bangalore, 30-June-2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are the roles we play

Adiós, señoritas